Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

God and Suicide

Ever since Rachelle's suicide, I've found myself deeply connecting to the passages of the Bible dealing with death and the power of death. I've found myself gripped by songs we've sung in church regarding death and loss, and rejoicing all the more when speaking about Jesus' resurrection. Death has a whole new meaning and depth on the other side of losing a beloved friend.

Chris, my friend, and Senior Pastor of University Presbyterian Church (UPC), has also experienced first-hand the loss of a dear friend to suicide. He has done some work on his blog speaking of his experience with God in this tender place. I just sobbed my way through this sermon that he gave just three days after his friend's suicide. I am grateful for his vulnerability, and his pastoral care as he preaches. You may find his sermon here.


No comments:

Post a Comment